Features at a glance…
- Free WiFi/Fibre Broadband
- Wood-burning stove
- Off-road parking for up to two cars
- Large garden / lawn with picnic table
- Cot and High Chair available on request
- Smoke free
The double aspect lounge enjoys views over private gardens front and rear. With TV, CD radio, free WiFi and a wood burning stove, it’s the perfect place for those cosy nights in, or to relax after a day’s fell walking or exploring.
With a low ceiling of around 7ft 1in (2.1m), inglenook fireplace and substantial stone walls, you’ll get a real feel for the age of the cottage. In the corner is the stairway to the first floor (Note: please be aware that the stairs are steep)
Our modern kitchen diner features an electric oven and ceramic hob, fridge/freezer, dish washer and microwave. With an oak table seating up to four, its the perfect place to enjoy a meal and a conversation.
The twin bedroom is located on the ground floor and is accessed by a low doorway from the lounge. Taller guests may have duck to pass through the door which is around 6ft 1in (2m). The bedroom features two single beds, oak furniture. Looking out onto the front lawn, the twin room is perfect for catching the sunrise.
The smallest room in the house!
With an oak-framed double bed and oak furniture, this first floor bedroom enjoys a south-westerly aspect, with views to the nearby Allhallows Church, Watch Hill, and beyond. It’s the perfect place to enjoy a glorious Cumbrian sunset, and retire after a day enjoying everything that the region has to offer.
The modern, first floor bathroom features a bath, with shower over, WC, wash basin, and heated towel rail/radiator.
Leesrigg Cottage is surrounded by private gardens/lawns, and adjoins farmland. With a large lawn and garden with picnic table at the front, you can enjoy the outdoor space. Keep an eye out for the local wildlife as well as curious cattle!
Please note that the gardens which surround Leesrigg Cottage are hedged, but not fully fenced. The cottage is bounded on three sides by fields, and on one side by the road.
We have off-road parking for up to two cars. We can also, by prior arrangement, accept additional vehicles, or arrange secure garage space for bicycles or even a car.
- Gas Central Heating, woodburning stove
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, dishwasher.
- WiFi, TV, CD/Radio
- Included in the rent is all Gas and Electricity and an initial bag of logs is provided for the wood-burning stove
- Additional logs are available for purchase from the owners at £6 per bag
- A Washing Machine / Tumble Drier is available in the owners outbuilding for guests to use
- All bed linen and towels are included in the rent
- Off-road parking for two cars (additional parking garaging may be available on request)
- High chair and travel cot available on request
- Large unfenced lawn and picnic table
- Two well-behaved pets welcome
- Sorry, no smoking / vaping within the cottage
- Nearest shops and pubs 3.5 miles
- Note: The ceiling height in the sitting room is low at approximately 7ft 1in
- Note: The ground floor twin bedroom is accessed by a low doorway which is approximately 6ft 3in high.
- Note: The stairway is steep.